Subscribe To Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Rabbi" Duncan

I have just finished reading Geoff Thomas' book called Preaching: the Man, the Message, and the Method. He talks quite a bit about the great message that we have as Christians for a broken world. He says the following:

"Know this -- that Jehovah, he is God, and that is good news, and is good news for everyone of you. Remember John "Rabbi" Duncan, the great missionary to the Jews, a Hebrew teacher, and a man who had spent years in the depths of atheistic despair? One day God showed him his grace. He said, "I first saw clearly the existence of God in walking along the bridge at Aberdeen; it was so great a discovery to me; I stopped and stood in an ecstasy of joy at seeing the existence of God." He tole another friend, "When I was convinced that there was a God, I danced on the Brig o'dee with delight."

No comments: