Subscribe To Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

McCheyne

A story from Robert Murray McCheyne:

"The late Duke of Hamilton had two sons. The eldest fell into consumption, when a boy, which ended in his death. Two ministers went to see him at the family seat, near Glasgow, where he lay. After prayer, the youth took his Bible from under his pillow, and turned up II Timothy 4:7, 'I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith; henceforth, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness;' and he added, 'This, sirs, is all my comfort!' When his death approached, he called his younger brother to his bed, and spoke to him with great affection, 'And now, Douglas, in a little time you will be Duke, but I shall be a King.'"

No comments: