Subscribe To Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Revival at Mousehole

William Carvosso, an evangelist in 18th-19th century England, describes the beginning of a revival at the town of Mousehole in Cornwall in 1818:

"I proceeded to Mousehole where I rejoiced to see the mighty works of God displayed in convincing and converting sinners . . . In my usual way, I went preaching from house to house, and I believe God never blessed my feeble effort more than at that time. In one house I found a poor penitent to whose broken heart the Lord revealed his pardoning mercy. We fell on our knees, to give glory to God for what he had done. And now a brother of her who had been subject of the happy change, being present, fell on the floor, and cried for mercy in an astonishing manner; and, before I left the house, the Lord also set his soul at liberty. In another house, while relating this circumstance, the arrow of truth reached the heart of a poor backslider, and she trembled as in the presence of God. The next morning I found her weeping for her ingratitude and now made willing to return to her offended God . . . There was a gracious work among the children in the Sunday School. None but those who have witnessed such a revival can form any idea of it. Some of them seemed as deeply convinced of sin as if they had been forty years of age; and after they had found peace, could give as clear an account of the work of grace in their minds as if they had been in the good way seven years."

No comments: