Subscribe To Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Assurance

"He that has assured hope can sing in prison, like Paul and Silas at Philippi. Assurance can give songs in the night. He can sleep with the full prospect of execution on the morrow, like Peter in Herod's dungeon. Assurance says, 'I will lay me down and take my rest, for thou, Lord, makes me dwell in safety.' He can rejoice to suffer shame for Christ's sake, as the apostles did. Assurance says, 'Rejoice and be exceeding glad -- there is a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.' He can meet a violent and painful death without fear, as Stephen did in olden time, and Cranmer, Ridley, Latimer and Taylor in our own land. Assurance says -- 'Fear not them which kill the body, and after that have no more they can do. Lord Jesus, into Thy hand I commend my spirit.'" J. C. Ryle

No comments: