Subscribe To Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Grace of God

When Christians examine their own salvation, I often wonder if we truly understand the mercy of God to us. Do we truly comprehend his grace that comes to an undeserving people? Spurgeon commented, "When I know that those whom God saves he saves with an everlasting salvation, when I know that he gives to them an everlasting righteousness, when I know that he settles them on an everlasting foundation of everlasting love, and that he will bring them to his everlasing kingdom, oh, then I do wonder, and I am astonished that such a blessing as this should ever have been given to me!" Isaac Watts, in his hymn How Sweet and Awesome Is the Place, asks the appropriate question: "Why was I a guest? Why was I made to hear your voice, and enter while there's room, when thousands make a wretched choice, and rather starve than come?" This is the demeanor by which we are to live our lives as believers, indeed!

No comments: