Subscribe To Receive Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Monday, June 9, 2008

To Conquer in Death

The M’Cheyne daily Bible reading calendar currently has readers in the book of Revelation. What an encouragement that Christ and His Church will be more than conquerors over Satan and his helpers. (William Hendriksen). Indeed, “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.” (Revelation 17:14)

Matthew Henry provides the touching account of a believer from bygone days who, even at his deathbed, steadfastly clung to the truth that Christ prevails and will preserve His people: “Mr. Hugh Kennedy an eminent Christian of Ayr, in Scotland, when he was dying, called for a Bible; but finding his sight gone he said, ‘Turn me to the eighth of the Romans and set my finger at these words, I am persuaded that neither death nor life,’ etc. ‘Now,’ said he, ‘is my finger upon them?’ And, when they told him it was, without speaking any more, he said ‘Now, God be with you, my children; I have breakfasted with you, and shall sup with my Lord Jesus Christ this night;’ and so departed.”

Submitted by NMC

No comments: